Firestorm 2017 - another list for thought


 As mentioned in my post yesterday, I am looking at new and different ways to write army lists, this list focuses a lot of my firepower and safety in getting that first turn, and having as few easy to kill targets on the table as possible. 


Super Heavy Auxilary
Roboute Guilliman (+3 Command Points)

Supreme Command (+1 Command Point)
Librarian, Force Stave
Captain, Power Axe, Plasma Pistol
Lieutenant, Power Maul, Plasma Pistol
Relic Spartan Assault Tank, Quad Lascannon x 2, Twin Heavy Bolter, Multi-Melta
Battalion (+3 Command Points)
Primaris Lieutenant, Power Sword
Primaris Lieutenant, Master Crafted Boltgun
Intercessor Squad (10)
Tactical Squad, (10), Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma Gun
Tactical Squad, (10), Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma Gun
Predator, Predator Autocannon, Heavy Bolter (2), Hunter-Killer Missile

Total Points: 1997
Model Count: 38
Unit Count: 10
Drops: 6
Command Points: 10

This many command points allows me to look at grabbing 2 relics, three if I decide to have my Warlord as somone other than Guilliman (unlikely though!)

Like my previous list this one has nearly all the models painted, with only a few left to base, the Spartan needing a lick of paint and shading, although it also has Librarian that I don't own and who I will need to paint in the next 4 days (likely wont get him till wednesday and can't start on him till Wednesday night, so 2 days!).

This list is rocking the 8 Lascannon shots which with Roboute in range can put around 6 successful hits on their target means I can reasonably expect to drop any tank without an invulnerable save, and even an Imperial knight is unlikely to get too close to me before I can kill it. 



So this list can be deployed in only 6 drops, but that does mean I have a Spartan carrying 23 models, three of which are characters! 

This list also lacks the ability to get up close and personal with the enemy early on for those sometimes vital first bloods. 

Equally I don't have any units I will be leaving next to my opponents army to grant them easy kill points. 



















Comments