On the paint station (pictures)







A few quick snaps of my Work In Progress models that crossed my paint station. 

Yes I live the rock and roll life of painting in the house on Friday night... apparently its bad to go out when the Wife is out and the Baby is in bed, who knew?

Lots of pictures after the jump!



First up with have Headless, Capeless, Backpack less, and missing his sword arm Roboute Guilliman. 
Lots of work still to be done here, but pretty happy with how he is coming along so far, a bigger believer that a Nuln Oil wash will cover all manner of my sins with him.




Next up we have the Aquan & Rense System Navy models that I have based.

The first picture is them 90% of the way there, with the sand and flock glued.



The second picture includes the static grass & bushes. 


Finally below a couple of shots of the RSN Assault Helix assembled and based, although the Archangel (the flying robot) still needs his Nuln Oil wash. 



Comments

Great work so far on Roboute, I really enjoyed painting that model and was pretty sad to have to give it back to my mate when I had finished with him. Can't wait to see the finished pics.
Kraggi said…
Thanks RED SCORPS, really need to figure out how I am going to do the base of him.

Never painted marble before, and I like how you did it for the one you painted.

Any tips for painting it?
I've seen some really boss ones done dude, mine was pretty simple though.

Dark grey base coat
Lighter grey zenithal spray to add some shadows to the base
Washed the sides that seemed like rough rock with Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade
Streaked the top with a 1:1 watered down mix of these two:
Nuln Oil, Druchii Voilet
Then in the same streaking format a 1:3 watered White Scar
I then sealed it with a satin coat, it doesn't show up so well in that photo but to me thats how it looked as though the studio had probably done it.

Let me know if you give it a go like that.
Jack
Kraggi said…
Hi Jack,

I will make a note of that and give it a shot, there is a lot of marble on this models base (and display base).

Thanks for the info!