Necron Horde 1750 points!




This weekend I took part in a recent friendly gaming day (big shout out Dave! Thanks for arranging it!)

More after the jump!


Three games in one day, a nice change from the an occasional 1 game in a day. For the tournament I was initially going to take my Grey Knights but instead swapped to my Necrons after some fun list building.

So here is the list I took:

Necron Overlord, Resurrection Orb, Sempiternal Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs
Royal Court
                Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb
                Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb
                Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb
                Cryptek, Harbinger of Destruction, Eldritch Lance, Solar Pulse
Necron Warriors x 19
Necron Warriors x 18
Necron Warriors x 18
Necron Immortals x 9, Tesla Carbines
Triarch Stalker
Triarch Stalker
Annhilation Barge
Annhilation Barge

This comes to a nice 1748 points. It does look (and probably classes as) a bit spammy. However its heading towards the Necron Horde I have always wanted to play.

I probably have another 20 or so Necron Warriors spare if I decide to up the ante further.

A few more pictures of the army..







This list faced Tau, Eldar and then Tau.

In the first game I was certainly helped by the Tau’s willingness to move towards  me, which helped me with First Blood, and then the slog towards his troops units began.

During the game I managed to kill most of his army, leaving him with only a Riptide and Hammerhead at the end of the game.

While the result was massively in my favour (12-0) it felt much closer than that. The Necron Horde hadn’t lost a unit of Troops, but in exchange I had taken all 4 of his out.

The second game was against Eldar, who castled in a corner to prevent my shorter range (24” across the board) from hurting him in the early game.

This game was slow, I mean really slow. In the end I won out because he didn’t come for the objectives early enough, and his cagey approach cost him the game.

The third game was against my Brothers Tau, and with the firepower he stacked in the corner, and the lack of cover to get to him it was a brutal game.

In the end it ended on Turn 6 as a 4-4 draw, but one more turn would have won me the game I think as his one surviving troop choice was going to be massacred by me if it had gone on.

That was my 100th game of 6th edition, and the first time my brother had lost a Riptide in battle, let alone the two I took down during the game. 

Comments