Firestorm 2013



So in the last month I put a bit more effort into my gaming.




I helped Organise and run an event called Firestorm at my local games club.

The tournament ran so smoothly that I was able to get some games myself as a make up the numbers player. The Support I got from the club in setting up, tidying away and doing the stats on the day was excellent. 


We operated a Tournament point system, where in any game you could get a maximum of 20 Tournament points. How many Tournament points you got was decided by how many in Game Victory points you won by. 



Victory Point Margin
Winner Tournament Points
Loser Tournament Points
0
10
10
1
11
9
2
12
8
3
13
7
4
14
6
5
15
5
6
16
4
7
17
3
8
18
2
9
19
2
10+
20
1

This way the more you play the mission the better you do. If you Table your opponent you get the full 20 Tournament points, but you only score the Victory points of the objectives you control / have accomplished at the time the game ends.

This prevents people running only two troops to max out on other stuff. If you do it you may get the 20 Tournament points, but you wont get the VP's for use in a tie breaker of tournament points.

You also scored 20 Tournament points for painting, and 20 tournament points for voting for the best painted army. Easy points to get admittedly, but I actually missed out on the painting points as I threw together a bit of a silly list that wasn't quite completed as I didnt expect to be playing. 

The Tau won the tournament with three out of three and a maximum tournament points.

Second place was a Chaos Daemons army who lost out as they didn't managed to record the maximum win in round 1.

Third place went to Dark Angels and the winner of Rapid Fire 2012.

All in all an excellent tournament that everyone seemed to enjoy.

My games were Imperial Guard, Daemons of Chaos & Eldar, while I won all three games I didn't win any of them well enough to challenge for a top spot (something I didn't particularly want to do given I was running the event).

My fourth game was against the overall Third Place Dark Angels, and a top class bloke. We played each other in Rapid Fire 2011 in the decider, which was an amazing game. Our game on the day went on for about 9 turns as I was chasing one of his Ravenwing around the table... the guy would not die and we were having so much fun we kinda forgot about the turns...

We had time for this as we both finished our 3rd game early. 


The tournament pack was a test run for a set of rules we want to use at a Charity event the club runs each Novemeber for Help the Heroes. There is a huge charity auction and this year the club is aiming to beat the £1700 it raised last year.


If you are going to find yourself in the Dunfermline area on 16th November then you are more than welcome as we will be running a Warhammer & 40k Event. 


Warhammer 40k
1500 Points
Grey Knights vs
Imperial Guard - Win 7-0
Daemons of Chaos - Win 10-1
Eldar - Win 13-8
Dark Angels - Win

A quick shot of the hall and how it looked before the players arrived.

Comments