Rapid Fire 2011 - The Army List!

By now I will have played 1 of my Games at the Tournament I am attending in Stirling, Scotland.


Hopefully it went well, and the dice angels were with me, if not then I have 4 chances for me and the army to redeem ourselves!


This tournament has made me tear through army lists, with hundreds of re-writes / tweaks to try and get the best that I can out of it.


You can see the 5 scenarios we were playing listed here.


In the end I settled on not changing my army for the Tournament... there were no composition rules so I got to pick what I wanted and just had to feel the army would do well how I wanted it too.


In the end I had two lists that I couldnt decide between. I hope that I picked the right one of these two and that I am happy with how it has played thus far. 

The first list is:
Lord Kaldor Draigo
Terminators x 10, Psycannon x 2, 7 Halberds, Daemonhammer x 2
Strike Squad x 10, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammunition
Interceptors x 10, Psycannon, Force Halberds x 5, Daemonhammer
Dreadknight - Personnal Teleporter, H. Incinerator
Dreadknight - Personnal Teleporter, H. Psycannon
Total Kill Points (under their scenarios): 11

The Second List is:
Lord Kaldor DraigoWith Special Characters being allowed and HQ's worth a whopping 3 Kill Points each in the two Annhilation games I figure he is a better choice than a standard Grandmaster. 

Terminators x 5, Psycannon, Daemonhammer, 4 Halberds
Strike Squad x 10, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammunition
Interceptors x 6, Incinerator, Force Halberds x 5
Stormraven
Dreadknight - Personnal Teleporter, H. Incinerator
Dreadknight - Personnal Teleporter, H. Psycannon
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Psybolt Ammunition
Total Kill Points (under their scenarios): 15



He doesnt need the cover of a unit and this improves the number of things the army can deal with.

Both lists are the way I like to play Grey Knights. Ultra Aggressive and in your face as quick as possible. In the first turn I can have virtually my whole army in your face and you get 1 turn of shooting to kill it or die.
 
Honestly the second list can be a bit of a Glass Cannon, the Stormraven going down severely limits some of my options, but I think the risk may prove worth while...

The difference in Kill points is pretty huge, especially as the 4 Kill points come from the Stormraven (easily one shottable) and the Dreadnought (also easily one shottable). The reduced size on the Interceptor squad also limits my options and makes them a lot easier kill point... for that matter so does the terminator squad.

However there is a level of added flexibility with so much of my army able to jet into the enemy face on turn 1.

Well by now I have made my decision and I have to trust its the right one!

Comments