Perth Tournament - 1750

This Tournament has advertised that you shouldnt turn up unless you can build a competitive list.

This alone makes me want to play in it, although I expect to see some army builds that make me sick to my Stomach.

So what do I need to do? Well I need to build a 1750 list!

Here are the two I am seriously considering.

Grey Knight Grandmaster: Force Falchions, Incinerator

5 Purifiers: Rhino, 2 Incinerators, Force Halberd x 2, Daemonhammer

Grey Knight Strike Squad (10), 2 Psycannons

Grey Knight Terminators (10), 2 Psycannons

10 Interceptors, 2 Incinerators, Daemonhammer, Force Halberd x 7.

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Psybolt Ammo

Dreadknight, Personnal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator

Total: 1749

This list contains about as many elements of the Grey Knight book as I dare fit into one army. It has four units that can benefit from the Grand Strategy meaning none are wasted in scoring missions and gives me some good options to change from one game to the next. 

With the Interceptors and the Dreadknight that can really get in your face early in the game (even if Scouting doesnt allow my Teleport move) I can force my opponents into decisions they might not want to make early in the game. 

The downside here are no Servo Skulls so deep striking with me models could prove very dangerous.

The second list is as follows:

Grey Knight Strike Squad (10), Psybolt Ammo, 2 Psycannons

Grey Knight Terminators (10), Psybolt Ammo, 2 Psycannons, Brotherhood Banner

Grey Knight Interceptors (10), Psybolt Ammo, 2 Incinerators, Force Halberd x 7, Daemonhammer

Dreadknight, Personnal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator

Dreadknight, Personnal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator

Now I know this doesnt have a HQ choice. However my HQ choice is pretty Interchangeable between the following:

Grey Knight Grandmaster, Force Falchions, Incinerator

or

Grey Knight Librarian, Servo Skulls x 3, Warp Rift, Sanctuary, Might of Titan & Quicksilver

So this one has even more get in your Face units, and between them they should draw the fire from my standard troops units, or at least Dilute it.

As with my previous posts, I look forward to any feedback or suggestions you can provide.

Comments