Grey Knights, 1500 Points with Purifiers



I have now managed 6 games with my Grey Knights at 1500 points, so far I have used 4 different lists, two main themes with a few modifications.


So given that I have some games under my belt now, I wanted to list the Original lists I used, what I changed and why.


So the first list I used was:


Grey Knight Librarian: 3 x Servo Skulls, The Summoning, The Shrouding: 175


Purifiers x 10: 4 Incinerators, 5 Force Halberds, Daemonhammer, Rhino w/Warp Stabilisation Field: 300


Grey Knight Terminators x 10: Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Psycannons, 2 Daemon Hammers, 8 Force Halberds: 470


Grey Knight Strike Squad x 10: Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Psycannons: 240


Nemesis DreadKnight: Personnal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon: 275


Now this list lost its first game against Tau, but literally on the last dice roll otherwise I would have got a draw. Now thats a lot more due to the fact I had some amazing dice rolls for me (and terribad ones for my opponent) when he tried to kill the Dreadknight.


This list then got used against Space Wolves as well and managed to win that game convincingly. More down to unseemingly good luck I reckon but there ya go.


The Summoning is very useful and well worth the 5 points, especially if you can set your Libriarian up in an advanced position, which means anything in Dawn of War.

Now I changed this list because I am sure people who havep played Grey Knights there are a lot of silly things in it that can be improved.

I like Deep Striking the Terminators, although starting them on the table would increase the survivability of the Dreadknight it also means I could easily be losing scoring units early, bring in the fact that Terminators Deep Striking means people have to be willing to deal with my servo skulls and that can pull units out of position.

So with two games experience under my belt the list changed to the following, this list actually ended up 23 points under, which is what happens with me when I write a list on the fly.

Grey Knight Librarian: The Summoning, The Shrouding, 160


Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: Power Armour, 3 x Servo Skulls, Psyker w/ Psychic Communion, 72

Purifiers x 10: 4 Incinerators, 5 Force Halberds, Daemonhammer, Rhino w/Warp Stabilisation Field: 300


Grey Knight Terminators x 10: Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Psycannons, 2 Daemon Hammers, 8 Force Halberds: 470

Grey Knight Strike Squad x 10: Psybolt Ammunition, 2 Psycannons: 240

Nemesis DreadKnight: Personnal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, 235

This list gives me a cheap Psychic Communion, and cheaper Servo skulls for bring then enemy out into the the Open. This played my brothers Tau and won 6-2 on kill points, it certainly helped me stealing the initiative. I think the list needs a few more games before I make any changes to it, however given that I have 23 points spare I have made the following changes to get it upto 1500 points:

I added a Teleport Homer and Smite to the Librarian, these improve his usefulness, especially if I decide to start him on the board not attached to the Terminators, add in 3 servo skulls and to prevent me bringing down my Terminators where I want you have to deal with 4 things.

All in all, pretty happy with this list and its the way I will go if I decide to use Purifiers in my list.

Any feedback as always is welcome!

Comments