Warhammer 40,000 - The best part.

Hello all.

So after a couple of months of a break, I am beginning to get that 40k itch again. You know that itch where the only way to scratch it is to begin looking at models again, and the picture on the left is of something that I actually really really like.

It just adds Character to a model, not something you would add to every single Valk or Vendetta you might have, but would certainly improve how your models looked.

I have to say that the upcoming Imperial Armour 8, which is supposed to focus on the Raven Guard, Elysian Drop Troops and the Orks, has really taken my interest.

The current 40k IG Codex is more than Capable of Fielding an army all mounted in Valks (although I do wish there were more than 3 Fast Attack Choices).

This means that building an army of Elysians around the rules in the Imperial Armour books for those that are happy enough to play me using those rule, and having a backup standard IG list.

The break from 40k has been nice, and I expect that it will take me a bit of time to get back into the full swing of it, however it also gave me a new perspective. Alot of the forum and blogposts I have seen are about problems people have with 40k at the moment, and I guess it took me a while to figure out that I am not alone in my frustration.

Also I think that in sticking to 1 army within the game will mean I get to know them better and play them better, rather than playing 3 or 4 armies at a time.

Even just writing this I can begin to feel excitement at the prospect of building the list, and getting the models. I actually think this time I am going to try and create a reigment with a good depth of Background, even if they are using Elysian rules and models.

Anyway that is enough for me at the moment. I look forward to posting again in the next few weeks.

Comments